I have been asked many times either on forums or via emails about the system requirements of Joom!Fish 2.x. Here is the information for a clean installation adapted from the official Joom!Fish 2.0 documentation.
- A properly installed Joomla! 1.5.x.
- PHP 5 is highly recommended. Joom!Fish 2.0 does not work on PHP versions of 4.3 and bellow. Later version of Joom!Fish 2.x will no longer support PHP 4.
- MySQL 5 with the MySQLi extension is highly recommended. Joom!Fish 2.x uses MySQLi features to increase efficiency.
- All of the folders required by Joomla! to be writable must be writable. You can check this at Joomla! backend.
- No Joom!Fish of any version has been installed.
- You must be at least administrator in Joomla!, although it is advisable to be a super administrator.
- Your server temporary directory must be writable.